Kingwood Dog Park is open dawn to dusk 7 days a week.
Residents wishing to utilize the dog park are required to complete a registration form and show proof of current vaccinations. Registration forms can be downloaded from the Kingwood Dog Park Association's website.
Completed forms must be presented at Kingwood Kennels where a tag listing the year of registration will be issued free of charge. This tag must be worn by the dog at all times while in the Dog Park. Please note: Tags are only given out at Kingwood Kennels, 619 Lakeville Drive (off Russell Palmer Rd), Kingwood, TX. Tags will be re-issued at the beginning of each year.
Owners will be responsible for keeping all vaccinations current throughout the year.
Kingwood Kennels welcomes volunteers for both the Kingwood Dog Park and the kennel. Please note, however, that volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while doing volunteer work.
Tasks are allocated by kennel staff and volunteers are expected to follow instructions fully. The following are typical tasks that have been done by volunteers in the past:
- Taking dogs from the kennels, especially rescue dogs, to exercise in the dog park.
- Playing with and supervising dogs (including both boarding and rescue dogs) in Kingwood Kennels' play areas.
- Cleaning up after dogs in the play yards and dog park.
- Helping with the gardening and general upkeep of the dog park.
- Washing and brushing the rescue dogs.
- Assisting with promotion of rescue dogs and dog park.
- Assisting with any rescue adoption days.
Most of these tasks are completed with minimal training and supervision. Certain jobs are only given to regular, more experienced volunteers.
Kingwood Kennels cannot guarantee that volunteers who turn up without prior notice will be accepted to help.
All Volunteers must sign or have their parents sign a Volunteer Registration form.